Race Team Training No. 11
Great job shredding the Gnar Gnar! We've got a last minute change in this month's Grand Prix race, switching from Best Dam Run (cancelled) to Stumptown XC #1 - Lents Park. Dust off those XC spikes and let's get a full scoring team on both sides to conquer the 5k distance on the 25th.
We've also got Tuesday Track workouts back at Cleveland High School (SE 31st and Powell): 6:15pm warmup, 6:30pm workout. More information on the coming track workouts below.
Keep up the good work! Here is the latest installment of training. As always, general training principles, pacing website, and the core routine are at the bottom of this post below the training plan. Contact me, Chris McIsaac, with any questions: email@example.com.
Portland Running Co. Race Team on Strava
General Training Principles
- Commit to the workouts, paces, and general outline, and you’ll see improvement.
- Keep your long run at about 20-25% of total mileage for the week.
- Consistency is key, but make sure you take recovery days and days off as needed.
- The workouts are geared towards the Grand Prix races, so 5k–5mi for the first couple months.
- Keep things fun! This shouldn’t be a chore. Look forward to challenging yourself.
- Make sure you take care of the little things. Stretch, hydrate, and fuel your body with good food.
- 20 x pushups
- Planks :30 front and both sides
- :60 of bicycle kicks
- Shoulder bridge with leg extensions
- Dead cockroaches :45
- TYI Superman :20 for each direction
- 10 x one legged squats
- 50 x Frog Abs
- Hip Myrtl Routine