Balega’s Blister Resist Quarter perfectly blends nature and technology to create the best anti-blister quarter running socks.
- Keeps out grit and grime while adding additional security and comfort with enhanced elastic grip construction in quarter sock rib top.
- Eliminates the risk of sheer friction blisters.
- Keeps feet cool and dry with ideal combination of mohair and signature Drynamix ® moisture wicking fibers, plus specially constructed, reinforced microfiber mesh ventilation panels.
- Maximizes comfort with hand-linked seamless toe, enhanced and wide arch support band.
- Provides additional no-slip security with enhanced elastic grip construction.
- Ensures perfect fit with extra-deep heel pocket.
Why use mohair (goat hair) in anti-blister performance running socks?
- INSULATION - Mohair’s hollow fiber structure allows for superior temperature regulation; keeping you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- DURABILITY - Mohair is one of the most durable natural performance fibers and can be twisted or bent without damaging the fiber.
- COMFORT - With its unique scale structure, the smooth fibers and natural sheen greatly reduce irritation on the skin even for wearers who are sensitive to other wools. Mohair is a trusted fiber for diabetics.
- STRENGTH - Mohair is stronger than steel of the same diameter.
- SHRINK RESISTANT - Mohair fibers do not felt and are much more resistant to shrinking than wool.
- ELASTICITY - Mohair can stretch an average of 30% over its length and will recoil back into shape. Because of the fiber’s natural elasticity, garments made of mohair resist wrinkling, stretching or sagging.
- MOISTURE MANAGEMENT - Combined with Balega’s trademark Drynamix, mohair is twisted to create DRY-MO. A unique moisture management solution that creates the ultimate anti-blister, moisture-wicking performance running sock and that ensures dry feet.
- ANTIMICROBIAL - Mohair will naturally prevent the growth of bacteria making it an excellent fiber to make something like SOCKS!